Which color

• Nara Bronze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ipanema with Black Pkg

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Fuji with Black Pkg

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Boston is in lockdown mode, things are a bit slow at work, so I started thinking of colors.

Assuming I order, I will definitely go with Arabica interior, so I have narrowed the exterior colors down to:

1) Nara

2) Ipanema w/ Black Pkg

3) Fuji w/ Black Pkg

I like Firenze w/ Black Pkg, but my wife doesn't and the extra $1k in cost doesn't help.I also like Nara w/ Black Pkg, but I think Ipanema offers more contrast.

Thoughts?

I think 1) is really elegant, but I like the more unique and exclusive look of the black pkg. It's also sportier.

I also think Silver/ Black Pkg would be cool, but it only really works with a black interior, I feel.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say Panama Jack w/Black Pack because that would be unique and give it elegance too. The Fuji is also really nice w/Black Pack. But if you want something unique, PJ w/BP would be more stand-out considering there won't be many others around.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, all of our prayers out to Boston... I really hope they catch these guys. I also read the there is a lot of military in your area, they deployed three or four battalions. Is that true? I read this last night and found it alarming that the DHS and the Pentagon deployed so many military units and military police to Boston to help in the efforts. Although a tragic thing to happen, deploying military at this scale seems excessive... I really hope this isn't going to be a norm in all cities.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Boston is in lockdown mode, things are a bit slow at work, so I started thinking of colors.

Assuming I order, I will definitely go with Arabica interior, so I have narrowed the exterior colors down to:

1) Nara

2) Ipanema w/ Black Pkg

3) Fuji w/ Black Pkg

I like Firenze w/ Black Pkg, but my wife doesn't and the extra $1k in cost doesn't help.I also like Nara w/ Black Pkg, but I think Ipanema offers more contrast.

Thoughts?

I think 1) is really elegant, but I like the more unique and exclusive look of the black pkg. It's also sportier.

I also think Silver/ Black Pkg would be cool, but it only really works with a black interior, I feel.
I really like your #2 and #3, even though I basically have #1. If you look at the pictures of my LR4, it is Nara Bronze with the black pack (I did it myself) and it looks really sharp. I get a lot of people who absolutely love the Nara Bronze with black design. I think all of your colors would be great with the black design pack. Let me know if you can't find the photos and I will re-post a few in this thread so you can see the Nara Bronze with black pack look.

I ordered the Fuji White with black design pack for my 2013 LR4, as I like the contrasting colors, and I like the solid color of the white - plus it hides small trail scratches VERY nicely. I also ordered the Arabica Interior. I found a few photos of that combination online that I could post for you.

Stay safe in Boston. I have been talking to my family quite a bit, my parents and every since person in my family live about 20 miles west of Boston (a few work in Boston). I grew up in MA and moved to CA about six years ago.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. We are fine. We are southwest of Boston along 128/I-95 but my kids' daycare is shut down, my wife and brother who work in the city had offices closed, etc. A co-worker said he was a place last night two doors down from the 7-11 where the MIT cop got shot and where they hijacked the SUV. Pretty crazy.

Back on topic...

David, I already stole many of your photos. :D I like you color combo but I think my wife would prefer a bit more contrast. There are a couple fo white :LR4
s around and it's a LOT of white. I just don't like ver white cars in the north-east because it blends too much in the snow. But it doesn't bother me and the black pkg would help a lot. I just think the sand+black I would be cool in a Desert Storm kinda way.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I voted Fuji White w/ Black package because that's no what I have.

Be safe.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. We are fine. We are southwest of Boston along 128/I-95 but my kids' daycare is shut down, my wife and brother who work in the city had offices closed, etc. A co-worker said he was a place last night two doors down from the 7-11 where the MIT cop got shot and where they hijacked the SUV. Pretty crazy.

Back on topic...

David, I already stole many of your photos. :D I like you color combo but I think my wife would prefer a bit more contrast. There are a couple fo white :LR4
s around and it's a LOT of white. I just don't like ver white cars in the north-east because it blends too much in the snow. But it doesn't bother me and the black pkg would help a lot. I just think the sand+black I would be cool in a Desert Storm kinda way.
I love Ipama Sand! I think it would look awesome with the black trim. I know what you mean about very white cars and the snow - it is true. Though, the way they salt in MA, it'll always be dirty in winter. LOL!

The black trim definitely will make it pop out. I really struggled with my decision, but glad I went with white - it really is a beautiful color on the LR4.

Though, now I sort of wish I considered the sand color more :) Hahah!

Glad all is safe for you. I travel back to Boston about 6-8 times a year to see my family and would like to move back (though I'd likely live in NH). My wife hates CA and wants us to move back to her home state of Utah. We are back and forth to UT a lot.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Ipama Sand! I think it would look awesome with the black trim. I know what you mean about very white cars and the snow - it is true. Though, the way they salt in MA, it'll always be dirty in winter. LOL!

The black trim definitely will make it pop out. I really struggled with my decision, but glad I went with white - it really is a beautiful color on the LR4.

Though, now I sort of wish I considered the sand color more :) Hahah!

Glad all is safe for you. I travel back to Boston about 6-8 times a year to see my family and would like to move back (though I'd likely live in NH). My wife hates CA and wants us to move back to her home state of Utah. We are back and forth to UT a lot.

-David

Well, having had a white Boxster before, it's a great color but it is surprisingly dirty (especially tar spots!). The Ipanema may be a bit lower maintenance as far as keeping it clean.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like white with the black accents because that's what I have! Mine's a 2010 so it's Alaska White, not Fuji White...but same idea. You really can't go wrong with any of those color options though!

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm going through this same process. I currently have '12 HSE Lux with Ipanema and ebony and have loved it because it looks pretty decent... always...

What I mean by that is that it rarely looks dirty, even when it is. I have the 20" Gloss black wheels that dresses it up a bit, but do not have any other blacked out items.

Here's my dilemma, my dealer has and continues to break so many things on it that they are now talking to me about trading with me at a reduced cost.

I think I like the Firenze Red, but from the pictures, it looks like a little dirt and it might appear pinkish. Can anyone weigh in on that?

Fuji looks good, but there are so many and dare I say, I worry about the color becoming plain to me after a while.

The ipanema is the most practical in my opinion, but I hate the thought of spending money on an identical vehicle with an identical color. Maybe Ipanema with black pack is the ticket?

Any other suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72