Considering an LR4. Would you buy one at 100k mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quit buying NA LR and shipping them to Europe is the answer lol..

iSheeZ

Reaction score
Quit buying NA LR and shipping them to Europe is the answer lol..
Why not? I said I have no choice in Europe that reason why I bought LR4. I just interest in possibility check history that why I ask here. I understand if it's not possible but you answer really not helpful here.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello iSheez. Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, two main companies for checking vehicle history in the US are Autocheck.com and Carfax.com. You just enter the vin and pay a fee to get the report. The reports will normally show accident history and service that was done at car dealerships. Some independent mechanic shops will report to these services, others will not.

Just curious - you say that there are few choices on the LR4 in Europe. I assume you are looking specifically for a gas-powered vehicle and not a diesel. Is there some reason you wanted the gas powered version over the diesels? Here in the US, most of us lament the fact that we can’t get diesels (especially in California). Maybe the diesel LR4 still has some crank issues?

iSheeZ

Reaction score
Thanks jlglr4
I found sales records and photos on some free sources but not service records. Never used Carfax and Autocheck, maybe I should try it :) anyway only one owner from 2015, its sounds good but idk reason why car was selling in copart auction. It run and drive and in good condition.

You right, I was looking for a gas LR4 because diesel still has engine issues (LR4 too). Also diesel has more parts that need to service like EGR, Webasto (not actual for CA but very useful Europe), oil pressure and etc. I already have Diesel LR3 and now I want to try gas. It should be better (excluding gas price here).

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine why it was in an auction with no major issues. The LR4 is still very popular here on the used market. The major problems we see most often are timing chains (usually pre-2013 models) and overheating due to the plastic coolant pipes bursting. Word of caution there: when these cars overheat, they go fast. Aluminum heads warp very quickly.

How are your repair prices there in Eustonia. Any idea what the cost would be to replace timing chains or replace an engine there?

iSheeZ

Reaction score
I just ordered Carfax report, thanks for tip, so here's "Loan or lien reported" maybe that reason for auction, anyway last service was 08/06/2021 and 10/16/2021 marked as Auto Auction (10/21/2021 I bought it). I know about chains, current mileage is 139k maybe need replace soon but local service reported "no bad sounds".

I don't know prices for chains replacement, asking they about it when get my car back. Also need pass EU certification and register car. Some difference between NAS and EU standards, need km/h instrument cluster and maybe new lights.... idk. And here no place to buy 5.0 engine for replacement)))

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered Carfax report, thanks for tip, so here's "Loan or lien reported" maybe that reason for auction, anyway last service was 08/06/2021 and 10/16/2021 marked as Auto Auction (10/21/2021 I bought it). I know about chains, current mileage is 139k maybe need replace soon but local service reported "no bad sounds".

I don't know prices for chains replacement, asking they about it when get my car back. Also need pass EU certification and register car. Some difference between NAS and EU standards, need km/h instrument cluster and maybe new lights.... idk. And here no place to buy 5.0 engine for replacement)))
That’s true - probably no 5.0 V8’s around there. Loan or lien reported is really nothing - just means someone financed the purchase. Not a reason to put it on copart for auction.

As for Km/h, that’s a setting built right in - just select it in the menu options. All the EU standard metrics can be selected.

Good luck with it.

iSheeZ

Reaction score
As for Km/h, that’s a setting built right in - just select it in the menu options. All the EU standard metrics can be selected.
Yeah but only digital)) not under arrow. As I know instrument cluster should be marked in km/h. I already have diesel instrument cluster and soon try replace arrow background.

Thanks!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The loan/lien reported just means someone had a car loan on the vehicle, which is probably around 90% of the new vehicles sold in the U.S.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not? I said I have no choice in Europe that reason why I bought LR4. I just interest in possibility check history that why I ask here. I understand if it's not possible but you answer really not helpful here.

Don't need more competition in the dwindling number of decent low mile V8 LR4s that's why lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA