Control Arm and Sway Bar advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelly J Ragsdale

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 LR4 and have had my control arms replaced about 2,000 miles ago. I just went into the dealer to have a brake issue looked at and they found my brake sensor wire pulled off but also my sway bar linkage has popped off. My question is shouldn't they have seen the sway bar issue when they did the control arms and is there a chance the dealer caused both problems with the brake sensor wire and the sway bar linkage? I have only done city driving since I had the control arms replaced so I cant imagine I've gone over anything that could cause both issues?

Thanks

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sway bar links bolt to the upper control arms, so if they replaced those, not just the lower, they would have had to remove and replace those. Hard to prove it was them, though

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may have forgotten to re-attach brake sensor, or it was not fully seated. I had a sway bar linkage pop apart on one side. Primarily on road driving so can happen any time. A decent *** hole might do it if linkage worn i suspect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA