Coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
my lr4 was leaking off the back inlet manifold (back crossover).
Looks like mine just developed this stupid problem, I have a leak coming from rear. Do you happen to know what the part number is?

I also have to replace my battery for the 4th time... FML...

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the part number of the black elbow?
It’s the new updated coolant return. Not sure if a part number. Assuming it’s where the pressure fit is?

Bad news is you gotta re-pull the crossover. Good news is you identified the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like mine just developed this stupid problem, I have a leak coming from rear. Do you happen to know what the part number is?

I also have to replace my battery for the 4th time... FML...

That’s the back inlet most likely. Don’t know a part number on that either. It’s basically a crossover on the back of the engine. But it could also be your front crossover leaking down the valley...

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CodyJay

Reaction score
It’s the new updated coolant return. Not sure if a part number. Assuming it’s where the pressure fit is?

Bad news is you gotta re-pull the crossover. Good news is you identified the leak.

Why would I repulsive the crossover as it’s behind the water pump? Not sure I see your logic here

CodyJay

Reaction score
That’s already replaced.. hint the y pipe. I guess different wording. I’m here at LR Kaiserslautern trying to get the plastic elbow and they have no idea what I’m talking about :stupido3:

CodyJay

Reaction score
FYI if I wasn’t clear, apologies. These are the parts I’ve replaced:
Water pump
Oil cooler pipe
Y pipe/ crossover pipe

I believe the black elbow is now broken at the tip

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I believe the black elbow is now broken at the tip
I think I know what you're talking about. The black elbow that goes into the push fitting of the water pump, that's coming from the smaller thermostat cooling pipe. Unfortunately, you have to replace the entire upper thermostat hose. I think this is the part number, LR049990.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9