Cooler Box removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the cooler box on their LR4?

I found a video showing how you do it, but it then looks like you are left with a pretty rough interior, not ideal for storage. Was wondering if there is a smooth insert.

That cooler is a novelty I'd use a few times a year, but I'll use a large storage space capable of holding sunglass cases, phones, chargers and cables every day. So yeah, I'll take all the storage space I can get.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, tough to tell how much space you gain. It looks like you gain the fan space back and I would guess you gain back the 1/2"+ or so of thickness, around, that is taken up by insulation.

I'd take it. If it's worth the effort, that's the question. I did think the cooler box interior space was significantly smaller but I guess you just get used to working with what you have. And if it fits sunglass cases, that's good to know.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strangely enough on a couple occasions I've actually used the cooler for what it is (meds, drinks and cheese...).

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am driving somewhere long distance I use it for my drink, or spare drink. Makes sense to keep it cold for longer.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am driving somewhere long distance I use it for my drink, or spare drink. Makes sense to keep it cold for longer.
Then you throw all those business cards, spare change, headphones, receipts, notes and cables on the floor? :)
I know, you guys are all perfectly organized and don't have any of that clutter. ;)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my 2nd row middle seat in for awhile now. That is where the cooler or fridge or other junk goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112