Crossover Pipe Bursted on V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone post the part numbers for the front and rear pipes?

Probably won’t keep this particular LR4 much longer, but if I do take it to the shop for whatever reason, might as well have them replace the pipes while it’s there.

AlexQ_VA

Reaction score
What’s the average cost for replacing crossover pipes? My 2012 LR4 (126k) coolant lasts about a week then the low coolant light comes on. I made the mistake when I initially noticed the leak and took it to a non Land Rover mechanic and they only changed the radiator.
I’m the second owner and have relatively good luck with this engine.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the average cost for replacing crossover pipes? My 2012 LR4 (126k) coolant lasts about a week then the low coolant light comes on. I made the mistake when I initially noticed the leak and took it to a non Land Rover mechanic and they only changed the radiator.
I’m the second owner and have relatively good luck with this engine.
I think the consensus was that all in, parts & labor at an independent is probably $800-$1000. Others may give you different numbers. That's just from memory of other discussions here on the forum and my own experience.

In my mind, this repair is not just "good maintenance", it's "required maintenance because of a fundamental design flaw."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlexQ_VA

Reaction score
Troy, that’s definitely better than what I was expecting to hear. I guess it all comes down do when I take it in for diagnosis and estimate. I found a nice LR shop about 20 miles away.
Thanks for the advice.

rolledover

Reaction score
Can someone post the part numbers for the front and rear pipes?

Probably won’t keep this particular LR4 much longer, but if I do take it to the shop for whatever reason, might as well have them replace the pipes while it’s there.

Front Pipe LR018275
Rear Pipe LR109402

For the V8

Last edited:

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the parts are actually pretty cheap - it was mostly labor cost. So a poorly designed $100 part that can cause a fatal $25K engine loss. Cheap insurance to pre-emptively replace them every 75K miles in my mind.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the parts are actually pretty cheap - it was mostly labor cost. So a poorly designed $100 part that can cause a fatal $25K engine loss. Cheap insurance to pre-emptively replace them every 75K miles in my mind.

You are not wrong. Funny how maintenance on a LR is replacing engine parts for $100s if not thousands while on my Honda it is a filter and some fluid...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV