Dealership props

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the indie shop I use for the bulk of the service on my 2011 LR4 HSE. But every now and then it makes sense to use the dealership's service department.

Over the past few weeks I have had intermittent electrical symptoms that resulted in the replacement of my battery this past week. That battery had been installed by this dealership when the vehicle was still under warranty. Therefore, it made sense to return to them for this service. That was a good call because the battery itself was a free replacement under the Interstate warranty.

As I was driving away in my freshly washed LR4, I went to plug in my phone charger and discovered that the tip had been crushed or crimped in some way during the 1 hour they had it. I didn't have time to turn around to discuss it with them. I had a good case based on the circumstantial evidence and timing of it all but I just went home and ordered a new one ($30). Accidents happen.

Later that day I got a followup call from the dealer of the kind where they beg for your highest satisfaction rating. I did in fact give them high marks for the prompt and complete service. As an aside I mentioned the phone charger issue.

About an hour later I got an email from them that contained a link to a $50 Amazon gift card, along with an apology.

Dealerships catch a lot of well-deserved flack but they also show flashes of solid customer service every now and then. They deserve a high-five when this happens even when it's something small like this.

Well played, Rosenthal Jaguar Land Rover of Tysons Corner, VA. For the record I have done business with them dating back to when I had a 2004 Jaguar and then when I had my previous Range Rover which I purchased from them. This latest experience wasn't as isolated of an example as I may have made it seem. They're a decent bunch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9