Decal Removal. Bubble repair // wash // wax // seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Kinsler

Reaction score
Just removed the god awful dealer sticker on the rear, lol.

Got this nasty clear coat bubble i need to address. Anyone have any tips?

And curious, what is everyone using on the wash // gloss side of things? Wax? Ceramic?

20201108_115629.jpg

20201108_120606.jpg

20201108_115655.jpg

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wash.

iron remover. i prefer Iron-x.

clay

polish. i use meguiars M82 and M105 for paint correction and polishing. I assume since your asking this that you're new to polishing? so use a random orbital polisher, rather than a rotary.

top coat. ive coated all my cars with carpro cquartz UK 3.0 ceramic coating, topped off with car pro reload spray.

give it a spray down with ironx once per year ( i do mine in spring) a top coat of the reload spray 2x per year (spring and fall), and the ceramic coat should last 3 years before needing any reapplication.

I dont think you will remove the spot. appears to be early stages of clear coat de-lamination. best you can do is prevent it from getting worse by maintaining the paint.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert, that was truly a hideous dealer sticker. After you hit it with Goo-Gone I hope you sprinkled some holy water on it for good measure.

@DaytonaRS7 just gave you best practices for maintaining your finish. I do a slimmed down version of his process. I like a good detergent wash down, clay bar, then Turtle Wax ceramic spray. Don’t laugh but I have become a fan of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions line of products. They don’t contain nearly the amount of ceramic as the cquartz product but I have been extremely happy with the results. The car wash product doesn’t foam up much and rinses off very easily after you’ve done the annual treatment. Then the “Wet Wax” product goes on before you dry with a microfiber towel. The result is awesome beading, high shine, and buttery paint feel. The add’l benefit is that stuff doesn’t stick to your paint as much as before. Subsequent washes are a snap.

@DaytonaRS7 also turned me on to IronX which brought my rims back from caked-on corrosion to nearly perfect. The smell is straight out of hell itself but that stuff works a treat, as our Brit friends would say.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DaytonaRS7 also turned me on to IronX which brought my rims back from caked-on corrosion to nearly perfect. The smell is straight out of hell itself but that stuff works a treat, as our Brit friends would say.

lol. i just used it to prep my my Rs7 and the wifes car for winter over the past 2 weeks. and as much as ive used the product before, the smell is soo pungent that you cant even prepare for it. its like rotten eggs and dog **** mixed together.

forgot to worn him about that.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re the stench of IronX...I tried my best to warn @CincyRovers about it when I passed along your recommendation to him. He still commented on how God-awful it was, lol. I think the harsh smell makes a lot of people think that it can’t possibly be safe to use on painted surfaces but that’s exactly where it is at its best. Amazing stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM