DI mirror replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I mounted a new $13.99 10" day/night mirror (O'reilly's auto parts)
(Plus a tiny tube of mirror adhesive)

Like many, my auto mirror has been getting that oil separation for years & I heard horror stories about them dripping.

I reluctantly followed the Rave & fulcrumed the old mirror mount DOWN, pushing the mount off it's windshield mounted base. (they were right.)

I snuck my wife's fingernail polish out & Q-tip soaked the old base (repeat for 15min or as long as A.D.D. allows)

I then started tapping with my sharp gasket scraper (A.D.D.) until the old mount popped off.

Clean with nail polish remover - same with back of new mount

I followed directions, (RARE) and primed and mounted the new mount about 1" below top of glass. After an eternity (60 seconds) it was on, now do something else for a half hr while it cures (Poo)

I mounted mirror, as expected, the new one is more hieght adjustable, clearing another inch or so of visibility thru' windshield!! (I'm 6'2")

Nice

luck,greg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, glad to hear you fixed this one without much issue.

First time I changed a mirror mount (20 + years ago) I put the window mount part on backwards too forever to get it back off again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM