disco suspension questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco_stu97

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 97' Discovery with about 142,000 miles. It's a little rough around the edges but I got a really good deal on it. Although I've worked on vehicles most of my life, (out of neccessity not as a hobby) I know very little about Land Rovers. I also don't know a whole lot about suspension. I was just wondering if this year and model comes standard with the air ride suspension because the one I bought has coils and shocks. It also leans noticeably to one side which seems to be more pronounced in the rear than in the front. Would this be caused by a worn out spring or shock? Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Utilikel

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my 99. I'm wondering if a 2" lift with springs will help.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's probably coil springs, and yes new coils and new shocks will fix the issue.

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
I have a 1997 LSE Discovery and I also have a lean (Looks like it is leaning low on the front right corner) I did put on a 2" Terra Firma coil and shock lift (Medium ride, from British Pacific in Valencia California) and it leveled it a little but not all the way. When putting a coil lift on, remember that the springs are different lengths front to rear and left to right...not much but they do differ. My steering linkage bushings need replacing and i haven't had it aligned since putting on the lift, but I don't know if that matters. The ride is very close to a worn in factory suspension and I really like it. Invest in a good coil compressor. The front springs were really tough to get in and lined up, doing by myself, but it was worth it. It has been a fun project. Mine has over 170,000 mile on it and it still runs like a champ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635