"DISCOVERY 3" letter decal set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dugedug

Reaction score
I'd like to remove the LR3 badge and replace it with it's proper name. Is there any source in the US for the "DISCOVERY 3" letter set to replace the LR3 decals? Would my parts guy be able to order this, is there an online source, or do I have to find a british retailer willing to ship? Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a North America part, so I doubt your LR parts department can order. Sorry. Worst case, call a UK based dealer's parts department.

With the legendary reliability reputation of the Discovery in the US, expect your LR3 to drop in value at least 20% once applying. :smile:

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"DISCOVERY" part # DAH500020LPO
"3" part # DAB500160LPO

The Discovery Logo is available U.S., probably the same as 2004 Discovery. Runs about $65 or so.
The "3" is a Market Specific item,which means it can't normally be ordered by NAS dealers. But if you can't live without it, PM me and I will see what I can do to get P & A along with a time frame.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if you could take the DAH500020LPO and part out an an "LR3" emblem to create what you need. I'll have to take a look tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

dugedug

Reaction score
"DISCOVERY" part # DAH500020LPO
"3" part # DAB500160LPO

The Discovery Logo is available U.S., probably the same as 2004 Discovery. Runs about $65 or so.
The "3" is a Market Specific item,which means it can't normally be ordered by NAS dealers. But if you can't live without it, PM me and I will see what I can do to get P & A along with a time frame.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if you could take the DAH500020LPO and part out an an "LR3" emblem to create what you need. I'll have to take a look tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

That would be great. And if all else fails I can try to carefully remove the "3" of LR3 and reuse it. I appreciate the help.

So the "DISCOVERY" part # DAH500020LPO is the same type, font, size as the OEM "LR3"?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"LR3" part # DAB500220LPO.
Both of them are 1.25 inches tall, and "LPO" is the color code, Brunel Chrome, which is what it is.
From what I see here, I'd get the Discovery emblem, pull the LR3, salvage the "3" and readhere w/ fresh double sided tape, which is all that holds them on anyway.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your style! I always refer to mine as a Discovery 3 also. It rolls off the tongue better than the awkward LR3 moniker.

While you are at it, you should add problem emblems to the rear just like every single Land Rover except the LR3.

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=33

rear_sticker-04-450.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635