DIY Grill Light Bracket and Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

To everyone who reached out to me recently about ordering a bracket, I wanted to update you and let you know that I should be back to my office this weekend and shipping out early next week.

*I also want to pass on a disclaimer, that ClarkGuy who ordered a bracket to mount Hella 4000 lights, noticed excessive vibration and found the the steel gauge too light to support them. I am running Hella 500s which are smaller and I believe much lighter. I do see a small amount of vibration when the lights are on and I am driving, but it is nothing that bothers me.

I just want make sure everyone is comfortable with this before they order and consider this when selecting driving lights for this bracket.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks guys!

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, apart from hella 4000’s and 500’s anyone running anything different?

How have you completed the wiring, especially with regards to on off switch? I was thinking of setting them up as true auxiliary lights and using a relay actuated by the garage door opener on the rear view mirror to keep things clean inside. Any thoughts?

Stu.

Once again a big shout out and thank you to A silver for making this happen.

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
I love the idea. If you still have any extras floating around, I'm interested.

How have you completed the wiring, especially with regards to on off switch? I was thinking of setting them up as true auxiliary lights and using a relay actuated by the garage door opener on the rear view mirror to keep things clean inside. Any thoughts?

Stu.

I would like to know how that would work. I think it's a great idea (I can't use any of the garage buttons for what they are designed for).

jmars

Reaction score
Anyone have more pics installed? I have a mount I haven’t installed...now watching.

the 4000 and 500 lights are worlds different. The 4000 is a sharper light with much more weight (in glass alone).

Would love to see some more pics of others.

eli4x4

Reaction score
Big shout out to Asilver on the light bracket! Awesome job!

Bracekt close up.jpg

Bracket.jpg

Front Aux Lights  (1).jpg

Front Aux Lights  (2).jpg

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good.

Every now and then, I think maybe I shouldn't have gone all in and just done a hidden winch mount and lights mounted like that.

I don't think it very long, but sometimes I do.....

natty99

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To everyone who reached out to me recently about ordering a bracket, I wanted to update you and let you know that I should be back to my office this weekend and shipping out early next week.

*I also want to pass on a disclaimer, that ClarkGuy who ordered a bracket to mount Hella 4000 lights, noticed excessive vibration and found the the steel gauge too light to support them. I am running Hella 500s which are smaller and I believe much lighter. I do see a small amount of vibration when the lights are on and I am driving, but it is nothing that bothers me.

I just want make sure everyone is comfortable with this before they order and consider this when selecting driving lights for this bracket.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks guys!

Sent you a message...very interested in a bracket!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA