Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is why I love this place. So much inspiration and great resources and willingness to help. Cheers!

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@djkaosone Cool build. You and I have the same trucks. I was looking for fun things to do with mine. I've done a few things, but I don't really consider it "a build" because anything I have added could easily be removed or is an option that could be found on a stock vehicle.

This brings up a question: At what point would you consider a "build" a real build? I like the way my rig is setup, but I would consider most of what I have added "accessories", not fixtures. Is there a tipping point where it hits critical mass and collectively becomes "a build" or do you think there needs to be substantial and permanent modifications to meet that definition?

Last edited:

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
To me... anything that becomes a permanent modification is a build. Solar panel permanently mounted on the hood, tire carrier, cutting stuff for clearance, stuff that can't be undone without buying replacement parts. I also feel that it's a build when someone puts in the time to research, experiment, and put something together that's useful to them as a build. For instance, I'm by no means the first to do it, but I was one of the few to execute and give info out to those that want to convert to 17s. I've also done some things that people question, like adding ceiling storage space, but low and behold someone took my idea and started manufacturing it way better than mine and was somehow THE best thing ever... just saying. My build was meant to help people, not showing off. I've definitely added way more things as my gear and priorities change.

If I'm pulling out the center seat of the second row to put the fridge in, that's not a build evn though I've permanently ran a power socket from my secondary battery to it. However, the secondary battery with power ran to the rear fuse box with intelligent Redarc dc/dc charging, GoPower dual bank solar controller, and Lensun 110W hood mounted solar panel is considered a build.

Again, this is my personal opinion about this topic so take it with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi