Does this sound right to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This topic has been beat to death everywhich way. There doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason to the pad life. I took my LR4 in for the first service and they said my pads looked almost new after exactally 12,134 miles. That was with more than a few offorad trips in both Moab, the Black Hills of SD and locally. Plus, we had a misserable winter with lots of snow and ice that kept the ABS going a lot.

Poor pad durability aside, 4mm should be worth more than 200-300 miles; even 2mm should be worth more than that. What do they start out at? 9mm??

When I looked last, nobody was making an aftermarket pad for teh LR4 yet. Has anyone found one yet?

Rob

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor pad durability aside, 4mm should be worth more than 200-300 miles; even 2mm should be worth more than that. What do they start out at? 9mm??

I have gone 5000 miles so far on 2mm. that includes mostly highway but on mtn roads cruising downhill, there must be a ton of wear holding back the speed.

My rotors are about done so I'm just going to run out whatever is left.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Post a picture of this awesome rig!!!

It's ok, mostly a mtn bike race event camper now:
lr3%20wyoming%20line.jpg

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Doing it all over again I would be very weight conscious and do more in aluminum and eliminate all but the most essential parts.
Nice truck, mon frère.

Weight is an issue often overlooked.

Would you mind re-listing all your modifications/additions in order of priority? Not by weight, but by utility, please. I have my own ideas, but I'd love to have your opinion.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jwest,

I am pretty much in love with your LR3. Looks AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

-David

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both !

I have really enjoyed it but alas, it is for sale...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99