Drivers Side Floor Wet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

rlgmcoupe

I noticed that my drivers side floor was soaking wet yesterday, the liquid had no color or odor. It is as if something is leaking from under the dash but I can not tell what. Also, seems that a squeaky brake pedal is related as if it got wet then corroded and is now squeaking from the pedal mechanism. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions to further diagnose? TIA.

edit: 2004 disco II

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
water could very well be clogged A/C drain lines...

Squeaking brake could just need replaced.. they are normally good for 25 -30k and that is about it.

R

rlgmcoupe

Ok, thanks. So I'll try to unclog the lines then.

On the brake pedal noise. Do you mean the pedal itself only last 20-30K? I am not talking about pad noise here, but more like a spring squeaking in the pedal... A little "eek, eek" when you press the pedal, the car can be turned off and not moving.

If that's true that's crazy, I have a bmw with close to 300K mi and the pedals have never given out. hopefully you thought I meant pad squeak.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, miss understood you... I thought you were talking about the brakes, not the brake pedal. I would say a little spray lube of your choice on the spring.

R

rlgmcoupe

Great, I figured. I will get up under there and put a little on it after I unclog the ac drain holes.

DJBART

Reaction score
I'm Having The Same Issue With The Water Loged Floor Except Its On The Passenger Side. How Do You Unclog The A/c Drain?

R

rlgmcoupe

well, i tried to stick both an old dip stick up there and blow them out with the compressor but nothing came out and they seemed very clean and dry. I think I may have another issue.

I could see water driping out of the rocker panel area toward the front of the drivers door when i jacked it up but I'm guessing that was just from the floor draining out.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is still getting wet on either side on the floor and it isn't the A/C drains.. then I would say either a leaking windshield or sunroof.

yukonrob96

Reaction score
im new to the forums and owning a land rover. but i have been doing bodywork for nearly 10 years. joey may have hit the nail on the head with the leaking windshield or sunroof. id say that nearly 80% of the people that come to our shop with wet floor boards are leaks around the w/s or cowl area. check for a damp headliner if its the sunroof and locate the drain tube for it and make sure it clean of debri. i cant say for the a/c lines. i dont know these vehicles very well. i've read joeys replys to other posts and he seems very knowledgable about lr's.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a leaky sunroof rear and it was showing on the passanger side floor board. The water would come in the rear sunroof. It would follow the track above the Passanger side door rails {INSIDE} and fall on the front passanger floor board. When I first found the leak I was amazed. I thought that the head liner would be wet. Well it was just on the edge only about a 1/4 inch. That 1/4 inch is covered by the moulding so I never thought it was the sunroof. Only after about 2 hours I figured it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635