Driving lamps w/ metal LR nudge bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen and scholars, and ladies.

OK... got the metal LR (nonwinch) bull bar on my LR3. Bought a set of the LR driving lamps (I know they arent the greatest but I got a deal).

Here's the kicker. I saw an LR3 in Nashville in a parking lot with the LR driving lamp kit mounted on the metal bull bar. Ugh. They stick out too far, look weird. See photo. (not my car but u get the idea)

Why cant I mount the driving lights ON THE BUMPER .. instead of the bull bar. It seems that they would fit perfectly b/t the bull bar and the grille and I think it could look good. So just mount them to the bumper as if I didnt have a bullbar.

Anyone done this ?

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they have factory bumper mounts for the lights. Agree about the brush bar, I had one and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
squeeze1.jpg

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, the factory lights look better on the bumper than on the brush bar.

btw nashvegas, my wife and i are moving to nashville next june. going to be working at vandy. how's the wheelin' out there?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking from this angle pictured below, it would appear that if the lights were moved up to the bumper, that they would sit too high and would bump the bar.

Another option might be to "french" the lights into the front grille. "land crzy" mounted a pair inside the grille, looks great, but has since removed the pics from the forum.

1020605.jpg

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option might be to "french" the lights into the front grille. "land crzy" mounted a pair inside the grille, looks great, but has since removed the pics from the forum.
]

Another member on here "bigcarpchaser" "frenched" his lights into the grill also, although he did it with four lightforce lights instead of the LR ones:

normal_IMG_0189.jpg

normal_IMG_0190.jpg

normal_IMG_0191.jpg

I personally love it, If i didn't have the lights on my rack now, i might consider doing a similar set up

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine mounted to the bumper. I also have the brush bar like you. It looks better and just barely fit, enough to make adjustments that is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72