Dropping calls, Bluetooth, etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
I have a 2018 HSE and a Pixel 2 xl. All too often I drop my Bluetooth during a call. Sometimes it comes back in about a minute, other times the whole system crashes and reboots while I'm driving. Can't figure out what triggers it. I do use my phone to stream music. That never seems to be an issue, just phone calls.

Any ideas?

StoneTrader

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with dropped calls via Bluetooth. I have had trouble connecting music via bluetooth. The InControl apps seem to fight with my bluetooth. I dislike not being able to use my phone while plugged into InControl Apps.

MikeP

Reaction score
My only problem is that people complain they can’t hear me clearly when on Bluetooth calls. The car’s voice system doesn’t seem to understand me well either. Hoping for a firmware fix. The hardware all checked out according to the dealer.

The repair manual scares me for popping off the upper panel with the mics without ruining or damaging the panel and wiring.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
I disconnected from the in car wifi. Seems to be better now. Gonna try that for a few days.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior signal booster?

I have a theory that what seems like Bluetooth problems are actually signal reception concerns.

I recently purchased a BB KeyOne to replace my BB 9900 in my LR3. I noted that I was not seeing 5 bars very often with the LTE and LTE+ and hence presumed that was the reason calls would drop.

I installed a Smoothtalker brand signal booster in my 3 and now, more often I see 4 or 5 bars and do not lose calls.

My theory is that LTE and LTE+ signals are "weaker" than the 3G of past plus there might be more metal in the Land Rover vehicles, hence one has reception problems that appear to be Bluetooth related.

If I am correct, when we go to 5G, mobile reception will be a think of the past or more properly, we will all need interior vehicle signal boosters.

Incidentally I have the 2121 fibre optic Bluetooth module and all seems to work fine in that respect. This was a Wiggs upgrade from the 0000 analogue module that my 2005 came with.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior signal booster?

I have a theory that what seems like Bluetooth problems are actually signal reception concerns.

I recently purchased a BB KeyOne to replace my BB 9900 in my LR3. I noted that I was not seeing 5 bars very often with the LTE and LTE+ and hence presumed that was the reason calls would drop.

I installed a Smoothtalker brand signal booster in my 3 and now, more often I see 4 or 5 bars and do not lose calls.

My theory is that LTE and LTE+ signals are "weaker" than the 3G of past plus there might be more metal in the Land Rover vehicles, hence one has reception problems that appear to be Bluetooth related.

If I am correct, when we go to 5G, mobile reception will be a think of the past or more properly, we will all need interior vehicle signal boosters.

Incidentally I have the 2121 fibre optic Bluetooth module and all seems to work fine in that respect. This was a Wiggs upgrade from the 0000 analogue module that my 2005 came with.

Have you been able to get your in-car text messaging to work with your K1?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been able to get your in-car text messaging to work with your K1?
If you mean Text Messaging on my Land Rover NAV display, I guess no as I never thought about that.

Regardless, I do not think it would work as the only Bluetooth / phone display I have see in the past is on the small "radio" window or the small display window below the fuel gauge. That is primarily the phone number of who I am calling or who is calling.

Next text message I get, I will look specifically but I really doubt it as I am not even certain text messaging existed back in 2005. That was 13 years ago and my Wiggs upgrade is pretty much 2008 technology that fortunately still works well.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disregard - I did not read your post. You have an LR3 and would not have the same software. Sorry

rjchankalian

Reaction score
My text messages do come up most of the time, but there is a delay. Music streamimg works very well. But when connected to the LR wifi or not, I seem to drop a call and the system needs to reboot. That takes about 1 to 2 minutes and even the center screen on the dash goes black when it happens. Luckily the gauge part of the display works when that happens. The call drop usually happen 5 or so minutes into a call.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut