Eas Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

theboy

the message EAS FAULT has appeared on the display on my 96 range rover. the suspension will no longer lift up or down and the ride is low and bumpy!! before this the rangy was takin a while to lift to a suitable height, could my compressor be knackered?? any help would be appreciated!

S

SteveA

That's not an easy one to answer, but I can tell you the likely cause. You probably have an air leak. Probably just an air spring, maybe 2 or 3 or 4. Maybe a valve body leak. Before this happened, would the car drop down overnight?

If you have a leak, the compressor will run nearly continuously to try to keep the car up. It has an overheat protection that will kick in and turn it off if it runs too long. This will cause an EAS fault message if not dealt with.

Find the leak first. Then hope you haven't damaged the pump.

Of course, it could just be a bad height sensor.

You need to have the car put on the dealer's TestBook computer first to pin-point the problem. The parts are too expensive if you're just guessing.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM