Electric fan/water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how difficult it may be to install an electric cooling fan or water pump?

Would it be worth while?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Water pump on a 98 about 2 hours for the average person. If the old one is bad, replace it, otherwise it is a waste of time.

Electric Cooling fan, you have to find one that fits (this is the hard part, unless you want to spend big money on the one designed for the Disco from the UK.

Electric fan will save you 15 to 20 HP (I Should say give you) and help with fuel economy.

Reaction score
I found a few different ones on jcwhitney.com along with the waterpump i just have to measure what kind of space i'm working with. now how would i find out how long my new serpentine belt... and would i be able to remove the stock fan or should it be left in?

blownf150

Reaction score
just take out the stock fan on a d1 there are bolts holding the pulley on i got my fan from a c6 vette i had sitting around just took some scrap metal and made a shroud and put in a temp switch and a man override switch so it wasn't a prop in some of the deep creek crossings we have down here the factory fan can be alittle dificult to get off there without the fan wrench to hold the pulley from spining but can be done pm me if you need any hepl

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge