expert advice needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zhpittman

Reaction score
So I have a odd situation in my 06 LR3 HSE.

I had a water leak from the driver side front sun roof drainage tube leaking into the footwell area. The leak persisted for a month and I thought it was just getting the top of the carpet a little damp. I didnt want to take it to the dealership due to budget reasons, but one day it rained long and hard, my car was parked on a slight incline, and when I opened the back driver side door, and flood of water came out. I knew the leak was bad and I needed to fix it. Well I ended up finding out that the right angle connection that leads the water from the tube out of the inside of the car had fallen to mush and broke off. I got the water leak fixed on my own, but during the major leak period, I would get errors (Brake, HDC, Stability) on my dash when I would start up 75% of the time and the suspension would lower. Now the leak is fixed and everything as dried up as I can possibly get to, but the errors come up 100% of the time now and its going to limp mode as soon as it goes into drive and I move the vehicle.

I took it to one repair shop and he said it had tons of errors and he didn't want to mess with it but he thought a great place to start would be the yaw rate sensor. I have taken it to a second shop and he said there were communication errors between most of the modules, but wanted me to leave it with him for 2 days, and I just cant do that. Neither shop would give me the actual error codes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this LR3 just to a sellable point. I really dont have the budget to take it to the dealership bc they are going to **** my wallet. If I can just make all errors go away and suspension to rise, I will put a for sale sticker on this thing.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a hard reset, for starters. Then check the battery level. Even though your situation seems directly related to the water ingress, having a good battery helps with transient faults.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a hard reset, for starters. Then check the battery level. Even though your situation seems directly related to the water ingress, having a good battery helps with transient faults.
This + 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635