Factory Brush Guard Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZC06LR3

Reaction score
Hi! I searched the forum, didn't find anything, I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction
I have the factory A Frame brush guard with the 6" lights mounted to it. When I bought the truck the lights didn't work, but one of the bulbs was clearly burned out.
I replaced the bulb - still no dice.
The switch on the dash to the right of the gauge cluster has a 2 and the fog light symbol - the orange indicator light in the switch lights up when I press it

Any common wire pinch points, known bugs, or any experience where I should check?
I feel like the system is getting juice if the switch is lighting up, so the problem must be a wire between the switch and the lights - does the circuit run through driver side light first, then passenger or?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are wired such that they only work with the high beams on.

...not sure your test conditions, but try that if you haven't.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is "right of the gauge cluster" the OEM position for this switch? I have the a-frame and lights, but I wired them to my touch screen. I have never seen one and oem install. Honestly, you are going to be very disappointed with the performance of the offroad lights - the LR3 headlights are actually quite good (better than the LR off road lights). I would consider upgrading the off road lamps to LED or HID bulbs if you are really looking for more light.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the OEM switch location is just to the right of the main instruments and steering column. I agree with morris that the off-road lights are not bright, but one cool thing is that you can adjust them easily. So, your brights can be used for sheer illumination purposes and your off-road lights for directional lighting (like to put light on places other than the road). Remember that they can only be used with high-beams on (unless you wire them in some scheme other than OEM) so adding more illuminance to the roadway will be of little priority. Putting some photons on that boulder in your 10:00 position might be though!

The other thing they do is increase the spectrum of light being put out. The HIDs are pretty saturated in terms of color-temperature. The Halogen fillers help some, and the off-road lights help even more.

ZC06LR3

Reaction score
Great info! Much Appreciated!
After checking again with the brights on - Success!! they work!
I never would have thought that, the Jeep wrangler was the opposite. The accessory lights kicked off when the brights were switched on.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You owe me a "forum-beer." I just made that up; not sure what it means! :)

The nice thing about the Rover is that the fog lights (driving lights? I mean the ones in the bumper) DO work without your headlights on....so you can use them in fog without having to use the big HIDs and create so much retro-reflection that it's counter-productive. My Montero didn't allow for that.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

I'll take a Hop Venom from Boneyard Brewing in Bend, OR then....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM