Factory Wheels. Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sixshooter

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm a new member that is looking at getting a 2012 LR4. This will be my first Rover and after test driving one this weekend I think it's going to be perfect for our growing family. Anyways, I really like the Black/Polished 20" wheels that are a upgrade option. They are stupid expensive though at $3k for the upgrade. Price aside, is there going to be much negativity running a 20" wheel over a 19"? Ride harshness, handling differences, etc? I won't be doing any offroading, I have other vehicles for that chore. It will mainly be a town cruiser for my wife, although we live down 4 miles of dirt road that gets pretty sloppy at times, but thats about it.

Also, if I want to upgrade to these wheels, can they add them to a existing vehicle that is on the lot, or does a vehicle have to be ordered in just for a wheel upgrade?

I sure appreciate any advice or help you may have. This seems like a great place and I have learned a lot already just by lurking.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expat93 posted pics of his truck. He has Redbourne Duke 20x9.5 & 285/50-20 Hankook Ventus ST RH06 and they look great! To each their own but I thik thaose wheels are ncer than the LR upgrade. But going back to your question. I am at the dealership right now getting a part I ordered and they claim that they will order the wheels and eexchange them. But they won't let you take delivery of the truck until the exchange the wheels and tires.

Last edited:

Sixshooter

Reaction score
I sure appreciate you asking the dealer about the wheels. That would be no problem, I just didn't want to have to order a new truck just for wheels. And yeah those Redbourne wheels look really nice, that may just be the way to go. As I mentioned earlier, is there going to be any drawbacks to going with a 20" wheel?

Thanks again for the help!

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sixshooter,

My 2012 came with the 20" Black/Polished wheels. I bought 19" wheels to use for snow tires.

Besides styling, I like the 20" because it's a little easier to clean and the black inlay hides brake dust very good. Plus, you don't see a lot of the 20" wheels on the LR4s.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4