Fault Code 68

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aio

Reaction score
Greetings Forum,

I am still new to the forum, so please forgive any rookie mistakes. I am getting a fault code 68 on my 1995 RRC CountyLWB. I know that it is a speed sensor issue, but I don't know how to proceed from here. And, I don't know what the test 25 of continuity test procedure means. What I notice the vehicle doing is that the speedometer will show the current speed, say the posted legal speed limit. The dial will then drop to zero then pop back up, then bounce all around then get back to the true speed. All this with out a drop in travel speed. This happened both with stable and increasing travel speed.

BTW, does this mean that the speedometer/odometer was disconnected at some point in the vehicles life? Also, I tried to clear the fault with a procedure I found on the net, but either I didn't do it right or it doesn't work for my vehicle.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

AIO

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sad to say I could not find anything that states what Test 25 is... my only thought is that you are to check the wiring and cables to and from the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) or whatever the OBDI is point to for speed.

aio

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Joey.

Do you think it might be related to a disconnected odometer? That is my big fear.

AIO

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I Don't think it would be that... since (at least with the newer models, they are electronic) I believe that it wouldn't know if it has ever been disconnected. Remember the Land Rover/Range Rover line is a hand built vehicle made with Lucas Electrics (the reason Most of Europe drinks warm beer - Just kidding people, but it is funny).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635