First Time Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings! This Friday will be my first time towing with my 2013 LR4 HD. I installed the British Atlantic wiring harness and had the LR4 programed while I was having something else done at an indy shop here in Denver. I also verified the programming with my GAP tool. Anything else I should do? I'm towing my brother-in-law's pop-up camper.

Thanks,

Parker

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What shop did you use? Just curious. I mean the only thing I'd do since it's your first time is just to connect the trailer and triple check all lights and brake lights are operating. My small trailer has LED lighting and apparently there's not enough resistance there to trigger the truck to turn off the PDC so that's annoying.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, my newer LED boat trailer didn't pull enough current to trip the LR4 into putting the tow dashboard light on. It still towed it just fine.
correct. it will still tow just fine. the main thing it did for me was disable to back up sensors when the trailer is attached.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut