Front Grill Touch Up Paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend. I noticed that I have a few tiny nicks in my front grill and was wondering if anyone knew if a touch-up paint was available?

I believe all LR4s have the same color front grill (that greyish/silver), so I would imagine there is a touch-up paint available.

Any help would be appreciated before I contact the dealership. Thanks so much!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up:

They do NOT make touch-up paint for the grill of the LR4 (or any Land Rover for that matter) as the dealerships use a local body shop that matches the color appropriately OR they just replace the front grill if needed.

Oh well.... I will just wait a while and have the body shop touch it up once I get a few more nicks in the grill.

-David

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
David, you might try some Testor's Model Paint. Have a look at the Testor's website here. I think "Aluminum" or "Aluminum Plate" might be a pretty good match.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, you might try some Testor's Model Paint. Have a look at the Testor's website here. I think "Aluminum" or "Aluminum Plate" might be a pretty good match.
Hi CaptainSpalding,

Thanks for the response. You know, that model paint actually looks like a great match and may work well for very small touch-ups. I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

-David

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a site in the UK that sells LR touch up paint in either spray or brush. Let me dig around to see if I can locate it again. I looked for the same thing earlier this year in Chawton White.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi CaptainSpalding,

Thanks for the response. You know, that model paint actually looks like a great match and may work well for very small touch-ups. I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

-David

David,
You can also get rim paint that matches the grill pretty well. I saw some gray rim paint at NAPA auto parts the other day.
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
You can also get rim paint that matches the grill pretty well. I saw some gray rim paint at NAPA auto parts the other day.
George
Thanks, George!

I will definitely check it out and keep everyone posted. These are tiny little nicks (as I am sure you have as well) and I think it'll fill in nicely as long as the color is close. I appreciate your help.

Regards, David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM