FYI fan relay went bad at 98k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allegro

Reaction score
Well I think you could get it done for cheap if you bought after market parts and installed them yourself. Maybe $300-400 diy. Maybe $600 at a cheaper Indy. Maybe $1500 -2k at a dealer

I'll be doing both my 2012's mounts soon and bought the 2 mount kit from FCP Euro for about $100 a couple months ago. I believe it was this kit: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/land-rover-engine-mount-kit-corteco-538639. I sourced new mounting hardware from a dealer.

I took an afternoon to do some disassembly and size up the project. If I had a quality indy nearby, I'd probably have them do it... I stopped at the part where you need to remove some exhaust components to get the old mounts out / new mounts in as I'd want to have spare gaskets and fasteners and such on hand for the inevitable issues that will arise. It's one of those jobs that would go quickly if you've done it before but will take me all day.

Glad you're back rolling again with mounts & wiring to take you the next 100-200K+!

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mounts are on their last legs/probably shot but I have been holding off on this job, as I hear horror stories(one of the mounts is behind the diff, etc). Is there a good writeup anywhere? I've done mounts on plenty of cars in the past and it was simple, but apparently not the case with the D4.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a follow on to this, i think the engine mounts should be added to the list of items to serious look at at 75k miles. their failure can mean variety of unreliable issues crop up - torn/shredded belts from misaligned pulleys, frozen radiator fan, transmission clunk at slow rolling speed to acceleration, etc. i have had all of these. didn't think of the mounts.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Welp, time to add this to my list. I don't have an issue, but I also don't want to have an issue down the road. @Fuji4 Thanks for this enlightening post!

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the transmission mounts as well? If the engine mounts collapsed then that would load up the rest.

Glad you got a resolution though.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the transmission mounts as well? If the engine mounts collapsed then that would load up the rest.

Glad you got a resolution though.
He check them and they seemed fine. I think these mounts have been bad since 50k miles. I complained to the dealer about the downshift clunk when coasting and they told me it was normal.

Elohite

Reaction score
Fuji4, where is the AC fan relay located? And what is a good replacement part for it? I am having same issue right now with warm air at stops and want to try this fix before others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM