getting that damn eco/stop start light off on the IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, so, you just bought this battery, hooked it up (hacked it up) and the lite was gone and **** worked? Awesome. If that is the case, you might have just saved me a big ass hassle. if you want, you can PM the the pic, I won't share, I promise! Thanks so much.

Honestly, I think most of the potential new owner population wouldn't want this hooked up, but it's the light that bothers people. New windshield and a nice detail and she is ready to go.

Hilariously, I am in some weird zone where (presumably) my battery is weak enough that the start/stop is disabled but strong enough that I don't have the ECO light turning on. I should probably pull out a multimeter and check the voltages on both.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Davidinseattle: Confirming what others have said - You don’t need to reprogram anything when replacing the start stop battery, and you don’t need to pay $400 for it. The Exide they sell in Europe is exactly the same battery, or you can use a lipo or motorcycle battery you can source locally (but then you’ll need to hack the terminals somehow - solder on an adapter or something). I bought the Exide from the Czech republic, shipped, for like 100 EUR. Got here in less than a week. https://www.ebay.com/itm/152872413814. Lots of people have used this same seller. In my case, my start/stop has never worked - and the light never came on - until the battery went dead. So, I just bought the battery to get the light to go off.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Davidinseattle: Confirming what others have said - You don’t need to reprogram anything when replacing the start stop battery, and you don’t need to pay $400 for it. The Exide they sell in Europe is exactly the same battery, or you can use a lipo or motorcycle battery you can source locally (but then you’ll need to hack the terminals somehow - solder on an adapter or something). I bought the Exide from the Czech republic, shipped, for like 100 EUR. Got here in less than a week. https://www.ebay.com/itm/152872413814. Lots of people have used this same seller. In my case, my start/stop has never worked - and the light never came on - until the battery went dead. So, I just bought the battery to get the light to go off.
Quick question on the ebay battery, did it come charged? If not, will a standard 12v charger work on this? Thanks

jrotunno

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. That horrible orange eco light is lit up on my dash 24/7. My stop/stop battery is dead, just ordered the exide. Hope this makes my light go away too

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. That horrible orange eco light is lit up on my dash 24/7. My stop/stop battery is dead, just ordered the exide. Hope this makes my light go away too
Sorry to hear that. Let me know how it goes. We'll be away at our summer home for the next few months, so I am postponing the fix and eminent sale of the LR4 until we get back. Thanks

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
It's an Exide EK-151. You can purchase in the UK with the proper battery terminals and have it shipped - no problem.
I purchased at Groves Batteries and was very pleased, there are also other vendors are also out there..
The install is super easy and fast - if you can change a light bulb you can do this...
Last time I looked the battery in UK was about 65 GBP plus about 100 GBP shipping - alot less expensive than getting it done for you here.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, back from the summer away. Just ordered the battery on ebay. Now, need the windshield replaced, a detail and she's going up for sale!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA