goodies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just found a guy who wanted to get rid of his Land Rover roof rack, off-road lights for the rack, and snorkel for a pretty good price. I am planning on going to pick them up tomorrow, but he said that he had the faring on the roof rack removed because he didn't like the looks of it. Has anyone done this? Does it look better? Does it make wind noise worse?

I found this picture, which I believe is kind of the setup he has: http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data/media/49/discovery3_g4_05_1.jpg

Apparently he got a used one that was totally decked out (including an ARB bumper and winch) and is selling it all off.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do the low profile mod. The second level on the rack is pretty much useless anyway. And yes, it does reduce the wind noise. Looks better too. Here's mine:

P1000918.jpg

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I didn't realize that was even the Land Rover rack.

I can't decide if I want to put the snorkel on or not :hmmmm:

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have the faring anymore, so obviously I will be without if I get the rack. But he's only asking $450 for everything.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have the faring anymore, so obviously I will be without if I get the rack. But he's only asking $450 for everything.

HOLY CRAP!!! :eek: Buy it all. I have the fairing left over if you want it. It's just sitting in my garage. I am pretty certain it's just about perfect.

I will trade you, plus cash for the snorkel (providing its in nice shape).

EDIT: Just checked the fairing - yep. It's a little dusty but perfect.

Last edited:

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!! :eek: Buy it all.

Already told him I would pick it all up tomorrow :)

I have the fairing left over if you want it. It's just sitting in my garage. I am pretty certain it's just about perfect.

I will trade you, plus cash for the snorkel (providing its in nice shape).

EDIT: Just checked the fairing - yep. It's a little dusty but perfect.

I'll see how everything looks together. Thanks for the offer :)

rovers3

Reaction score
That is a great price for the rack and snorkel. that total is easy a grand.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up the rack and the snorkel last night.

I'm pretty disappointed with the rack. It's in pretty rough shape. It has scratches *all* over the place. The little flimsy plastic pieces all over the rack are loose and/or broken. It really stands out against my clean black Rover. It's also LOUD. 45-55mph is the worst, because it starts vibrating at that speed. It's not fun. Is this normal? It is missing the faring (as previously discussed). For the price, I was willing to buy it and hopefully get it fixed up. I am thinking I could take it to a body shop and at least have them repaint it.

Mr.Big: What did you do to mod the rack? Is there a link with instructions? I think it looks sharp. I might have to do it anyway to get the LR3 in the garage.

The snorkel is in great condition, but it's missing a couple of screws.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys put these racks on, do you take off the existing side rails? The LR4s don't come with the side rails and I'm looking for a set.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635