Green/Orange/Factory LCA Bushings from Atlantic British?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the orange on just my LCA longer than any of my previous OEMs lasted...Love them for that. I think the ride is great, but I dont deal with the harsh New England roads. Recently/occasionally, with the windows down I can hear them squeak a little. For me, its an acceptable trade off for durability and less maintenance.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the green and think they ride great. I did notice the difference in firmness over the worn out bushings, but mine were so worn out they may have been artificially soft for a while. Now my LR4 on 19" wheels rides exactly like the wife's RRS (with OEM bushings) on 20" wheels, which is perfect.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on my 2nd set of LCA with the orange bushing. The bushing out last the ball joints. The bushing survived all the wheeling but the ball joints failed after 70k miles. it appears the arm as whole, can pass the 70k mark.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the poly bushes in both my LR# and my RRS I put alot of miles both on and off-road. So the firmer ride is nicer overall and not having to do them every 60 to 70k is better. Once and done. I have not had squeaking issues that I can recall. I put over 100k on my LR3 set and they were still very good shape. I have them now on my 13 RRS and no squeaking there either. I think the cons are tiny compared to looking at the arm bushings as a consumable item. Poly Bush in the UK does several different colors for hardness and ride. Red the hardest, Orange is stock, and blue is softer if memory serves. Maybe look it up and see. Cheers

LOL - oem bushings sure as heck last a lot longer than 60-70k

Mine were fine past 100k and not replaced until 130's though they probably were past ready by 120's.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nobody seems to consider that the factory bushing design uses itself as a flexible damper on the system whereas these poly version are just sitting there free to rotate. The poly require 100% reliance on the air struts and dampers for the quality of ride and handling.

I like poly for a car like my bmw but not the land rovers

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine were fine past 100k and not replaced until 130's though they probably were past ready by 120's.

You mean ball joints? Because my LCA bushings lasted less than 70k miles.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean ball joints? Because my LCA bushings lasted less than 70k miles.

if i meant fukking BALL JOINTS i would have written BALL JOINTS

maybe i just didn't notice them even if they were shot but to the point of your reply, i a balljoint is not a bushing nor can one be confused about using a ploy bushing in a ball joint location

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must live in a magically smooth land, because my wife's RRS had to be replaced at 52k miles and my LR4 were shot to **** at 66k.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i meant fukking BALL JOINTS i would have written BALL JOINTS

maybe i just didn't notice them even if they were shot but to the point of your reply, i a balljoint is not a bushing nor can one be confused about using a ploy bushing in a ball joint location

Well, I was giving you an "out" because it's widely known that the LCA bushings go out often around 70k miles.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not a ***** so no, it wasn't an out to suggest i'd be thinking people are putting poly bushings into their ball joint sockets