Halogen to Xenon headlight swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the aftermarket light solutions, do they offer the self leveling capability? Also is there a dip control for the light itself? Just curious if they address these issues or if it's just a simple plug in light solution?

Last edited:

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt see any additional options to convert to a self leveling kit. Just the basic plug and play kits. so hopefully the glare and shape of the halogen setup works somewhat ok with the HID bulbs... i know its a different bulb and different setup so the angles and intensity may be off in the halogens housing.

not sure what you mean by dip? the warm up times?

anyhow, considering how much info there is about this subject, maybe i will go the extra mile and post the install along with a test of one light halogen and one light HID before i completely swap both.

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a dumb question but did the HSE come with HID lights because my lights are super bright and really white. They also turn with the corner so would mine already be HID or is this something that you have to change? When I turn on the high beams the driving lights (which are really bright) don't seem to make any difference except that I can adjust them to shoot at different angles or heights down the road or trail. Just wondering.

Trevor

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you definitely have the adaptive xenon's... which come stock with the HSE im almost 100% sure of... the adaptive part is what describes the motion in turning the light as you turn the car.

i dont think theres any better headlamp setup than what you already have... less you start adding on other driving lights and so on...

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allodial,

Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure.

Trevor

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the aftermarket light solutions, do they offer the self leveling capability? Also is there a dip control for the light itself? Just curious if they address these issues or if it's just a simple plug in light solution?

The LR3 itself is auto-leveling with the ride-height sensors, so you are totally legal in fitting HID's

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to nwoods?

quick question, i guess to nwoods mostly... just got a xantec kit, does look easy but I have one quick question before I install this evening...

The clear dust covers... the plastic encasement that screws shut around the bulb... its this necessary to leave around the bulb or is it just for shipping safety? once the hid bulb is securely seated inside the mount no extra dust case would be needed?

The photo shows the clear dust case around the bulb Im refering to.. and by leaving it in place it doesnt look like its gonna fit without some serious mods to the stock halogen mount... but without looks like it will fit perfect...
(additional link to the photo: http://64.40.159.224/ebay/Xentec/XentecKit.jpg )

Curious if you left these clear dust covers on or figured out a way to include them.

10 MINS LATER UPDATE:
OK SO I THINK I REALIZED THAT THOSE CLEAR THINGS ARE JUST FOR SHIPPING THE BULBS IN AND PROTECTING DURING THE INSTALL... BUT ILL STILL LEAVE THIS POST UP IN CASE IM WRONG OR UNTIL I INSTALL.

Attachments

• XentecKit.jpg
    XentecKit.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will do, i read online somewhere that its NOT good to install one HID and leave one Halogen in, then turn on the lights for comparing due to the power surge and could possibly leave the HID's at a different brightness...

but i will take some shots of the parts, install and before after light brightness from the halogen slyvania silverstars compared to the new xantec hid's.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if you left these clear dust covers on or figured out a way to include them.

Nope, take off the shipping tubes and insert just the bulbs.

If you are doing it tonight, take a before and after photo with the lights on so we can see the difference.

That kit looks a lot like the one I installed. Be mindful of the little metal clip that is in the lamp housing. It's under a lot of tension. Put a rag over the hole to catch it when you remove the clip. BEFORE you remove, get a good understanding of how to reinsert it. Its easy if you do it right, it's VERY difficult if you don't.

Also, if your new lights start out very bright, then quickly dim down, then gradually (over 1 or 2 seconds) warm up to full strength again, that seems to be normal.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72