Halogen to Xenon headlight swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey y'all i just converted a pair of my hella 4000's using a 55w HID kit which is 30% brighter than the 35w kit in my fogs and it is pretty unbelievable how bright they are its amazing and not very hard to do i'm going to convert the other pair next week and will post detailed pictures i highly encourage anyone with auxiliary lights even the LR genuine ones to convert them you can make any light extremely bright doing this. PM for any advice.

Last edited:

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never saw no follow-up Randall . . .

thinking of doing this . . . would be nice to se . . .

hey y'all i just converted a pair of my hella 4000's using a 55w HID kit which is 30% brighter than the 35w kit in my fogs and it is pretty unbelievable how bright they are its amazing and not very hard to do i'm going to convert the other pair next week and will post detailed pictures i highly encourage anyone with auxiliary lights even the LR genuine ones to convert them you can make any light extremely bright doing this. PM for any advice.

Reaction score
Hi,
In the picture you have, once you install the new hid bulb, how do you put the plastic dust cover back with the wire to the ballast sticking out? and the the biggest question I have, is the wire from the balast goes to where? I assuem the stock plug in the bacl of the housing plugs right in as well? a little confused. A better understanding will help ne decide in purchasing this type of item.
Thanks!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lansdowne, you assume correctly, at least with the kit I installed a few years ago. The large low beam lamp cap is left off after the conversion. I "resealed" my headlamps with duct tape around the new harness after the conversion. The new harness plugs right into the existing, but there is a somewhat large electronic ballast componet between the end of the old harness and the new H7 lamp. I mounted the ballast on the inside of the fender walls on each side. I had to temporaily remove the aircleaner box for access behind the passenger side lamp. It was pretty easy to do and the results were amazing. Best $300 I spent on that truck.

teejay

Reaction score
Hello,...I am new to the posting on the forum but have been an avid reader. I have also recently purchased a complete set of 2005 LR3 Xenon Headlights and loking for step-by-step instructions on how to remove the old halogens and install the xenon assembly.

Anyone have step by step instrcutions on taking out the halogen assembly and installing the new xenon assembly?

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its super easy, unplug the headlight assembly, remove the whole headlight with 2 sliding bar tabs and put new one in...

Hello,...I am new to the posting on the forum but have been an avid reader. I have also recently purchased a complete set of 2005 LR3 Xenon Headlights and loking for step-by-step instructions on how to remove the old halogens and install the xenon assembly.

Anyone have step by step instrcutions on taking out the halogen assembly and installing the new xenon assembly?

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mantec?

correct, it is pretty obvious the halogens vs the HID/Xenons...

I highly recommend it.

FYI, I just wanted to keep you posted re; mantec ... I still need to find feed back for fitment with Landy Nudge.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I just wanted to keep you posted re; mantec ... I still need to find feed back for fitment with Landy Nudge.

i would email roversnorth.com and ask... theyd surely know the answer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72