Has anyone done a big brake kit for their LR4? Questions below...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the brakes are adequate for my everyday driving lifestyle. No I don't tow with the truck. Yes they're inexpensive to maintain in their stock condition. Yes I know it's not a track car as I have three of those already (which makes this LR4 so inexpensive to maintain in relation to those cars). Yes I'm aware of the increase in dust and the potential for brake squeal. Aside from all that, I like the look of a BBK but I also prefer to keep stock parts on the vehicle so my question is this; has anyone attempted a BBK off of a Range Rover? I have absolutely zero knowledge over differences between the hubs, bolt patterns, wheel size clearance, similarities/differences in master cylinders, potential electronic issues requiring reprogramming in the way the ABS or stability control systems might be, etc...but I figured (and maybe wrongly so) there might be some similarities in parts. Mine is a 2015 LR4 HSE Lux. I wouldn't even know where to start with which Range Rover year or brake style might fit with the least difficulty, so I turn to you guys here that might know more about this. Thanks!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! My search skills must be very weak!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just helps that I remember the thread and the forum member who posted it.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my immediate problems is while I have the 20's for my summer tires I have the 19's for winters and the poster said the 19's don't fit over the BBK so I guess that's that.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my immediate problems is while I have the 20's for my summer tires I have the 19's for winters and the poster said the 19's don't fit over the BBK so I guess that's that.
Edit, sorry maybe I’m talking about regular rrs Brembos that fit. That may need some more attention because I’ve confirmed fitment onto 18” Compos from others more knowledgeable than me.

Last edited:

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on my list of things to do, but haven't gotten to it yet. I run 20s already so these will fit. From what I understand, I need brembo calipers from an RRS SC (10-13) and corresponding rotors/pads. Also, anything else? I hear the brake performance is much better, although the stock brakes are not shabby either. I just hate the floating pin design.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TrinidadLR4

Here is my old thread and parts list. I do not believe that 10-13 RRS calipers will fit. The cut off is 09. The rotors are the same, but the pads are different. You also may need a small wheel spacer like I did depending on your offset.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TrinidadLR4

Here is my old thread and parts list. I do not believe that 10-13 RRS calipers will fit. The cut off is 09. The rotors are the same, but the pads are different. You also may need a small wheel spacer like I did depending on your offset.
I messaged with someone on this forum a while ago who indicated that 10-13 RRS brembo calipers do indeed fit, but 20in wheels are a must. You need the black brembo calipers and 365mm rotors(i think).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut