Has anyone here supercharged or turbocharged their LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Buy a supercharged Range Rover Sport instead
Yes. Then tune it and add pulleys and get 600hp. Or buy a 2014 up and tune it and add both pulleys like mine for around 480hp.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s insane! alrighty, so is there an AFFORDABLE alternative to this?

No, and you're really kind of asking a ridiculous question considering that this is not a high volume vehicle. There is no reason for anyone to invest in the development of such aftermarket parts. This is not a VW 2L turbo or even a v6 with huge tuner following.

Sounds more like you should've bought a Toyota which would have a factory TRD upgrade available or a G500 AMG.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mercedes AMG G55 supercharged is what you want ;) Have bottomless pockets, G63 twin turbo, truly incredible engine and such a rush to drive. Enjoyed it more than the SC Range Rover I had though the Range Rover was by far more refined and comfortable inside as well as chassis handling.

To be honest, the 2007+ RRSC are not a bad value now.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mercedes AMG G55 supercharged is what you want ;) Have bottomless pockets, G63 twin turbo, truly incredible engine and such a rush to drive. Enjoyed it more than the SC Range Rover I had though the Range Rover was by far more refined and comfortable inside as well as chassis handling.

To be honest, the 2007+ RRSC are not a bad value now.

My “ridiculous question” was because someone started telling me how much better their Mercedes G-something or other was due to the turbo and extra horsepower, and despite my many attempts to peacefully assert a sort of “to each his own” ending to that topic, the guy seemed to want to hear me say that the Mercedes G was better because of power.
Myself, not knowing a lot about these things, wanted me bring up that the LRs have options too, but I didn’t say anything bc i didn’t know for sure.
I guess my question MUST be ridiculous to someone who knows as much as you do about these sorts of things. Since i don’t know, I ask. I’m not afraid to ask or to... I guess ridicule myself, so long as I’m learning something new.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are those? And tell me more about your rig!
Not much fancy on my truck other than the power and brake upgrades. Velocity AP Tune and crank pulley was about $2k. Snout and new pulley was about $500 installed. Needed that anyway because of a broken coupler.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would describe the power of my 5.0 V8 as merely adequate, not powerful or effortless. The truck is just so damn heavy. In the mountains, I would really appreciate having the 510hp motor. Not sure how much work a swap would be but since the RRS used the same transmission, maybe someone has looked into it.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can look into an electric blower like torqamp. There are some shams out there but that is not one. That’s a cheap and easy way to get some more horses. Not as many as a true blower but it’s going to help

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing on my 2010 Land Rover LR4. Logically I assumed that the 5.0 supercharged V8 and the naturally aspirated V8 were the same engine just one with a Supercharger on it. I was thinking about swapping the throttlebody, supercharger, belt, and intake manifold off A used range rover sport SC assuming it would fit. But after more thought reconsidered the ida because of the expense. I am still thinking about saving up and just asking my mechanic to fit one of a totaled SC Range Rover when I have the timing chain done since I’m at 106k and still haven’t had to do it. Would there be any issues with fitting one off a Range Rover.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA