Headlight Lens Cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know if its possible to clean an LR3 Xenon lens/cover from the INSIDE, cuz it seems as though I somehow got some water spots inside and yes I realized it the goofy way but atleast they are ****-n-span on the outside... baha

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can remove the assemblies and seperate them. To do this heat the lense with a blow dryer or in an oven at 150 degrees for 10 mins. You can then care fully remove the lense and clean the interior. DO NOT try and clean the chrome surfaces they will scratch easily...

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can remove the assemblies and seperate them. To do this heat the lense with a blow dryer or in an oven at 150 degrees for 10 mins. You can then care fully remove the lense and clean the interior. DO NOT try and clean the chrome surfaces they will scratch easily...

WHOA.... sounds doable but scary using an oven & does the lens snap back & stay water tite or is this the risk or consequence that I just have to live with? Is there an adjustment screw for the beam? :hmpf:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will snap back in and stay water tite. Just don't remove the sealant while it is apart.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this issue with other vehicles, and sometimes it might be better just to pick up a clean, used light for a little bit of $$$. But in the case of LR's....maybe not.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I said 150 I was going off memory!! I did it just as the guy in the youtube flick recommended and yes I did this on a pair of LR3 assemblies. There are two screws on the back to adjust the beam. Somewhere on here is a post on how to adjust the beam, I think the poster was NWOODS but I'm not sure... Is you beam out of adjustment too?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To adjust the beam, it''s recommended to have a certain chart.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cmg

To adjust the beam, it''s recommended to have a certain chart.

Chart, I was just gonna go by preference or feel. I had no idea about a chart but is there someplace I could access this chart? Pls reply with a link if you can. thnx

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112