Headlight Lens Cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ryan

When I said 150 I was going off memory!! I did it just as the guy in the youtube flick recommended and yes I did this on a pair of LR3 assemblies. There are two screws on the back to adjust the beam. Somewhere on here is a post on how to adjust the beam, I think the poster was NWOODS but I'm not sure... Is you beam out of adjustment too?

I watched the video a few times and when just about ready to preheat the oven I wondered if the Ballast or if anything else has to be removed prior to Heat process as Im not sure if the ballast, bulb, wires, or anything else is affected by the heat. Just for info sake is it possible to just transfer the xenon components to my orig halogen housing? Since the video tech sez previous water spots may be due to prior improper lens removal then is there additional sealer product that I can apply to the housing to fortify the lens seal better than before? :hmmmm2:

Thnx

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done this, BUT, 150 degrees shouldn't damage any components. That is a temp the car could reach on its own parked in very hot sun and is within stress testing limits of manufacturers. IMHO.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched the video a few times and when just about ready to preheat the oven I wondered if the Ballast or if anything else has to be removed prior to Heat process as Im not sure if the ballast, bulb, wires, or anything else is affected by the heat. Just for info sake is it possible to just transfer the xenon components to my orig halogen housing? Since the video tech sez previous water spots may be due to prior improper lens removal then is there additional sealer product that I can apply to the housing to fortify the lens seal better than before? :hmmmm2:

Thnx

I haven't done this on a Xenon set. Just for safety sake I think I would remove the Ballast. The internal housing between the two are different. I think you could swap the guts if you wanted to but you would still need to seperate the housings to do so. I doubt the lense has been removed before. I read a tsb somewhere on moisture getting in the headlights on the early LR3's. I don't remember what they did to remedy it though. The original sealer stays in place pretty well I am confident the set I did was resealed. If you get it back together and think you need to add more sealant you can just put a small bead of silicon around the joint..

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done this, BUT, 150 degrees shouldn't damage any components. That is a temp the car could reach on its own parked in very hot sun and is within stress testing limits of manufacturers. IMHO.

actually its 250deg for 15mins.... but it doesnt look like the Demo video has the ballast attached internally. I just dont wanna mess this up so probably gonna pull parts the parts that could be harmed as soon I get up the nerve to pull the trigger.... bahaha :thrasher:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4