headlight lens covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racehorse

Reaction score
I recently hit a freak sandstorm that pitted the windshield/lens covers of my LR3. My insurance replaced the windshield with OEM and also said they would replace the lenses. Now, the very weird thing is that you can't just replace the plastic covers, the whole lighting assembly has to be replaced, insurance says. Rover won't sell them any other way.

That's like throwing out a laptop to clean the screen. Just doesn't make sense at 500 bucks a side. Nonetheless, insurance will replace after my 100 deductable so I'm jazzed I get a new windshield and two light assemblies for a small deductable.

Im curious, has anyone banged up their lights off road and just replaced the plastic/polycarbonate lens that covers the actual headlight and know how much it runs?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the lens and housing are on ebay all the time.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polishing kits exist, but usually for dulling or cloudiness caused by age or sun. Not sure how they work with pits, but much discussion exists on the subject on www.Audiworld.com. Probably find a Tech article under the Resources menu, if you check there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635