Heated Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer replaced my Pilkington heated with the Fuyao which was crap. They claim it is the same, but I found the rain sensor did not work through the Fuyao glass which has a slightly different tint. I posted this on the forum and many had the same experiences and my independent LR mechanic also confirmed this usually occurs.

So, try out the automatic rain sensing wipers a few times and if they don't work, demand that your dealer replace the window with OEM equipment. They put the Fuyao in because it's cheaper.

And as others have said, you should be able to pretty easily find out what equipment your vehicles was originally shipped with. While heated can be an option added, it is most likely part of the standard equipment of your trim package. So look in the user manual for your model year and trim and see what came with it. (you can find the user manuals online. sorry, don't have the link)

Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.

Hmm my heated Fuyao has been good (current). We replace windshields every couple years so I have had them all. I think my LR4 is on it's 4th or 5th. Have not noticed a huge difference in any.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV