hello / service nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lrjah

hi all, ..like my freelander, .. but for the last year and a half i've had it serviced at land rover anaheim hills. they are pretty awful. you can see the site i made cause of it in my signature. that tells you all about my nightmare.

i stumbled upon this forum trying to research the things they say are just normal about the freelander. i'm happy that i'm not finding other people with the same problems and that i use a new service center now. i really thought my FL was a piece of junk until i took it to the new mechanics.

maybe this should have been in introductions, .. oh well.

my FL is 2002/wg. :hello:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. Some Rover places can really screw a Land Rover owner. There are good and bad. Good to see some FL owners around here.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
but paying $468.00 for a burn in my leather seat, ( which they tried to cover up with polish ) and installing my brake pads backwards,
I am not sure what your name is so I have chosen to refer to you as FL. Have you written a letter to the better business b (BBB). I understand your frustrations in full. My local dealer is not sure what way is up. And that is on a good day. They do the same crap, Uh like we are going to need your Rover for 2 weeks to check the ABS light? I did actually threaten with suit when they refused to replace my cats under federal epa law. That took many phone calls, letters, overall threats (I try to remain in a somewhat amicable fashion but when you **** me off good its hard for me to be nice) but it was resolved in my favor. Did it not have a warranty? LRNA needs to be contacted about this matter ASAP. I am sorry to hear about this. It is totally inadmissible.

L

lrjah

hey thanks for the responses .. the seat issue was resolved ( 4 months later ) , and LRNA won't do anything on a service level dealing with the brakes since that is not a warranty type of issue.

also, land rover anaheim hills said they will look at it, but i will NOT take my vehicle back there ever again. i'd rather lose the money. i think they should have just refunded me so i could pay the other place to fix it.

anyhow, i have it all documented here: http://lrjah.net/ .. it is funny, another one of their customers added a message to my message page today. apparently he didn't have a good time with them either.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to LRW Mike! Sounds like you've been put through the wringer with those guys. If anything good came out of this, you've found a better service center, which is great peace of mind, and now you're getting the word out. It's good to know in case I'm in the area of Anaheim and need repair work. I will avoid them like the plague.

L

lrjah

Yes, the other good was I found this site. I was afraid to put my name in at first, but now that I see everyone else does, I feel a little better. Now since I think I'll be back more often, who do I talk to about changing my username? lol

L

lrjah

their attorney called me and demanded the site be taken down. after i said no he said he will filel the complaint. a little bit later, he called back for a settlement offer. they will refund my money if i take down the site.

that's all i wanted really.. so i agreed.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that it worked out for you Mike. LRJAH should have paid you the money back before it got to this point. I still won't look to them for assistance.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Ahhhh...An atty. Yup, Its always fun to get them invlolved. You got your $$ back and that is all that matters. Melissa N
Well and now all of us know about LRJAH too....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72