Help with water pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of replacing the front crossover (fell apart upon removal). Have question regarding this little black pipe connecting to pump. How do I remove it?

Attachments

• water pump.jpg
    water pump.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 67
  • upper pump.jpg
    upper pump.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 53

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a tiny collar that you push in towards the pump body then withdraw the plastic elbow on the pipe.

You may have to brush off the crud first. But it’s apparent when you get it all apart.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it broke on removal. :) In fact it was weeping before so I think the shop that did the pump before probably jerry rigged something. Anyhow it is all back together. I still have to source a new elbow bit. Apparently Land Rover redesigned that whole assembly and the only way to get the little elbow is to buy a bunch of bits. Tomorrow I deal with the elbow and then attempt to bleed the cooling system. I have a mity vac so I may try some sort of vacuum procedure.

The front crossover crumbled (the ports) on removal so it was good to get that replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72