Hi-lift Jack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinkelley

Reaction score
What is the optimal Hi-Lift Jack kit? I've read they are useless for the LR4 as the air suspension system automatically compensates for the vehicle height, whether the truck is on or not so as the truck is lifted the tire remains close to the ground; therefore, defeating the purpose. For the reason above, the hi-lift mate is the solution. Since I don't have a winch yet, I figured a hi-lift jack is a good alternative until I can afford a witch system. Also, what is the best height and appropriate for the weight of these trucks (fully loaded), i.e.. armor, camping gear, etc...

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the gear + people I'm sure I'm 6-7k lbs on it. You need a lift mate or the rock sliders to be hable to use the high lift jack. I got it mostly for show and to use as a winch. I got a hidden winch on my LR4 saved my life last time I went off roading up in big bear.
Save up and get a hidden winch my two cents

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426374491099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426374491099.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 32

kevinkelley

Reaction score
The hidden winch system is exactly what I'm looking to get. The hi lift I'm currently looking at 7,000 lbs is the max - Hi-lift Jack HL484 48" by Hi-Lift on Amazon.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's what I got. But really save the money and get a winch. You can damage lots of things if something goes wrong with the high lift.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it from Devon4x4 in UK but the tray is made by Brit Part also UL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM