High Speed Vibration - almost a Death Wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

CKJordan

Tim, apreciate the info. I have the vehicle at the dealer now and after speaking to the service manager about the issue he agreed to call LR Tech Centre for info.

I'll keep the thread updated

Thanks

C

CKJordan

Problem seems to be solved.

FreeFlyTim, the dealer agreed. After dealer inspection of the brake shoes(pads, not really sure) it was obvious. They called LRTech Centre and followed the tech guideline in replacing the harness and parking brake pads but not the main rotors.

After a 1000 miles or so and several 20+ mile run of over 80 the issue has not happened again.

Thanks

F

Freeflytim

Thats cool. Mine happened way back and this is still a very, very isolated problem.

It was moisture getting into one of the connectors causing the problem and at the time when mine came up the 'fix' was to 'tape and seal' the connector and not replace. The tech that did mine said he would love to never have to do it again because it was a royal PITA. He said he siliconed and taped and siliconed again every connector and every bend along the harness. Then reinstalled it.

Ive been good to go ever since. You will be too.

This was such an isolated problem. I feel special for it having it happen to me!

S

sgllr3

Freeflytim said:
This was such an isolated problem. I feel special for it having it happen to me!

If having problems with the car makes me special, then I want to be soooooo plain!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635