Hitch storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn there was a little molded place to store the plug-in hitch on the left side of the car with a little strap to hold it. But I don’t seem to have it on my 2016.

Am I mistaken, or was this decontented or swiped by previous owner?

Attachments

• 194FB5D4-2119-477C-9DCD-9029A2263877.jpeg
    194FB5D4-2119-477C-9DCD-9029A2263877.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 85

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read about it in the manual or something, and I believe you have to buy the foam insert. My car doesn't have it either (2013)

Do you know if your car came from the factory with the hitch and wiring harness? Mine didn't so that's why I assume I don't have it.

pcofer

Reaction score
My 2015 has the factory tow package and I do have the foam insert. However it does not fit the US hitch, i tried eveyway which way to get to work, no luck.
I believe it only works on the European hitches, which are totally different.

clear1x1.gif

PS British parts of Utah does carry the foam insert, "Range Rover Sport LR3 LR4 Tow Hitch Receiver Retainer Stowage"

Attachments

• LR Trailer hitch.jpg
    LR Trailer hitch.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 37
  • LR UK Hitch.PNG
    LR UK Hitch.PNG
    140.4 KB · Views: 37

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 has the factory tow package and I do have the foam insert. However it does not fit the US hitch, i tried eveyway which way to get to work, no luck.

clear1x1.gif

PS British parts of Utah does carry the foam insert, "Range Rover Sport LR3 LR4 Tow Hitch Receiver Retainer Stowage"
Thanks for the link. Holy ****, though, $200 for a piece of styrofoam! Should’ve swiped it from my old one before sellin it!

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not the prettiest, but I leave mine on. It’s a little extra insurance for backing into things, people rear ending me, or people getting too close parking

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score

clear1x1.gif

Maybe it only fits the original NA plow?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stays in with the bike rack attached for most of the summer, but it's off most of the winter. I never tow and only use it for my bike rack, so I generally just remove the rack and hitch as one unit and leave them together when in storage.

ARMSF

Reaction score
Looking for a hitch receiver for 15' LR4 just realized is not there.
Anyone looking to offload for a decent price let me know. I am aware they're avail I just cant fork out the $4-600
cheers

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA