Honda Passport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we continue to wait for LR to show us the new Defender, Honda is bringing back the Passport. This time it's a Honda product and not a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo.

6fe5dc01de4bf5aec241039c5af0858c.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time for me to start up a Honda passport forum..

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice marketing touch from Honda there, burning through the dirt - but I can already feel the smirks burning my face as I drive a Honda Passport offroad :). I guess they are trying to compete with the "off-road persona" portayed by the Disco Sport and Subaru vehicles.

It does look better than the Disco Sport and Subaru options and you're right, I bet it drives much better from what I have heard (have not driven the Sport).

Also out today is the Gladiator, which is a cheesy name if you ask me, but it is an interting alternative for the LR4/5, at least off-road wise. it will never match up in terms of on-road comfort, but it looks versatile.

tor-jt-pickup-mopar-accessories-la-auto-show-9-jpg.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gladiator was the name of the old J10 Jeep truck that was sold in the late 70's and early 80's. It was based on the Grand Wagoneer platform, so it has history.

I'm willing to entertain the idea of one, especially with the diesel drivetrain. I had a JKU before my LR4. It certainly did not ride quite as nice, but I thought it still rode pretty good for a live axle vehicle. Better than my 80 series Land Cruiser, anyway. I haven't ridden in a JL yet, but I've heard they ride a lot better than the JK did.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't so far down the LR4 rabbit hole, I would be seriously looking at the Gladiator. At least I would assuming there is enough space to sleep in the back once a bed cover becomes available.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old Passport was a cool suv especially for the time. I hope this is a real product and not just a retooled Pilot.
The Pilot AWD is probably one of the worst I have ever driven in snow.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't so far down the LR4 rabbit hole, I would be seriously looking at the Gladiator. At least I would assuming there is enough space to sleep in the back once a bed cover becomes available.
Unless you're really short (5 foot bed) I wouldn't count on sleeping in it. The longer wheelbase would be a concern for most true offroaders.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how the payload and towing capacity is so much more in the Gladiator than the JL. It still has the coil sprung rear suspension, and not leaf springs like every other truck. The brakes on my JKU were pretty tiny, especially compared to my 80-series LC and my LR4. I assume it's because the JKU was comparably much lighter, but it also probably impacted the tow rating. Curious if there's a lot of changes to the brakes in the JT as compared to the JL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM