How to best clean LR3 Rubber Floor Mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange question, I know :hmmmm:

I love the rubber floor mats we have in our LR3, but when they get dirty, they are extremely hard to clean. I'll clean them with a brush and soapy water, wash them off, only to have them dry and look hazy/dirty.

Any tips/tricks? I'm thinking of taking them to the car wash and using the foaming brush :hmpf:

-Rich

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a low gloss armour all on my tires. Thought about using it on the rubber floor
mats, but couldn't see putting in the effort for something that is going to immediately get
dirty again. (Two kids and a box of cheezits), why bother. :dontknow:

Last edited:

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a product called Whestley's Bleach White on all rubber matts and tires. Works really well for the rubber and leaves a nice natural finish. Just need to follow the directions. Simple Green works great as well. Other tips from what I have experienced:
If you use anything else-make sure it doesn't smell too bad-I don't mind the smell of the Simple Green-it usually lasts for a few days.
Amour-all and similar type products are good if you use the cleaners, not the detail sprays, unless you want your matts shiney and slippery!

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I thought about the Armour All before, but was concerned about making them slippery (like you mention). I mught try the simple green.

Thanks!
Rich

AJN334

Reaction score
Strange question, I know :hmmmm:

I love the rubber floor mats we have in our LR3, but when they get dirty, they are extremely hard to clean. I'll clean them with a brush and soapy water, wash them off, only to have them dry and look hazy/dirty.

Any tips/tricks? I'm thinking of taking them to the car wash and using the foaming brush :hmpf:

-Rich

Try www.griotsgarage.com

They have excellent rubber treatment products...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink