How to removei shift knob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

I was going to install a wooden shift knob today and Like other shift knobs i figured it twisted off so i went an turned it to the left and it twisted and after a little i pulled up and it made this pop and i don't think the whole shift knob came off i think the plastic connector broke : ( please help me....

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No turns required. Grasp firmly with two hands, lift upward. It pops right off. You may have broke some plastic engagement tabs inside the handle. No problem if your installing a new one.

M

Matt_Grim2

i ended up braking the plastic parts you were talking about but like you said i have the new one coming in a few days (they sent me a range rover woodgrain instead of LR3)...

S

schafari

I believe prior, and during pulling up with some force, you need to pull out on the plastic button. It may be push in, can't remember and vehicle/service manual not with me. Just make sure your face is not in line with your upward motion. With the amount of pressure you have to pull up with, and once it realeases instanly, you can knock yourself out.

Don't ask how I know this. . . Was doing it on an Alfa Romeo. Clocked myself in the face so good, I fell out of the car onto the ground and couldn't see straight for a while. Man, did I look like a dork.

M

Matt_Grim2

So to install the new one i get tomorrow i just line it up and the push down hard right ?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635