How to take off ram housing (thingy with trumpets under plenum cover)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, according to manual it held in place by 6 bolts. However even without them it feels like welded in place :(

Can anyone share experience on getting it off? I am stuck here with leaking injector tops b/c i cant align bloody fuel rail nicely without taking that ram housing off :(

D

discomike

Are you sure it is just not sealant that is holding the housing together at this point?
While you're in there clean all the tubes with carb cleaner and make sure they are all secure still, it is common to have the o-rings wear out and the tubes will be loose which can effect power.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured it out this morning. Got sliding hammer with wise grip attachment, hooked it on one of placed where plenum cover bolts go and yanked it off.

Basically thing was - it was very well glued with old hylomar to the manifold, and also there are two bloody little studs that aint mentioned in manual, but they prevent you from moving ram housing to sides.. so only way to get it off is upwards.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM