Hydraulic Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridarover

Reaction score
Need advice. I have the opportunity to pick up a Mile Marker hydraulic winch (new) for my Disco 1. I don't know that much about these types of winches. I know that I can have the hoses made. Is anyone using this type of winch on their LR? Would appreciate any feedback. The winch is a 12k unit that is complete (minus the hoses) including the fairlead for $400.00. I just installed a new front bumper from hicountryoffroad.com and I now need to fill the void in the winch bay.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember the D1 will require an uprated Power Steering pump to run the winch, and a pressure regulator so you don't blow out the steering box.

FiveO Disco

Reaction score
Sounds like a fair price but hydro winches are not always the best choice in my opinion.

H Hill

Reaction score
Sounds like a fair price but hydro winches are not always the best choice in my opinion.
FiveO Disco--

What would be your thoughts on best choice winch? I am considering a Mile marker as well.

Thanks!

FiveO Disco

Reaction score
FiveO Disco--

What would be your thoughts on best choice winch? I am considering a Mile marker as well.

Thanks!

Mile Marker, Warn, Ramsey. They are all good. I like Warn as it's built in Oregon where I live. A friend mine owns Recovery Gear USA. he's on the net under that name. He carries most brands and is land rover freak himself. Give him a call see what kind of deal he can give you. His name is Jeff Wong

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4