IIDTool for LR4 - When???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the Beta, will it get upgraded via software revisions to the full version?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beta IS the full version... And normally you get to test drive new firmware before it is officially released (which is what GAP is counting on when you sign up to be a beta tester, so you can point out bugs, omissions or incompatibilities they may have missed.) The one thing they cannot upgrade remotely is the hardware. For instance, beta testers of their current IIDTool module will not automatically get upgraded to the upcoming Bluetooth version since the hardware is different. However, if you have a compatible BLE device, once the hardware and apps are out they may consider swapping your module in exchange for your continued support as a beta tester of their Bluetooth version.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the pretty little thing that showed up in the mail today:

IIDTool-BT.jpg

:biggrin:

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Runs to check britpart website!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im experimenting with the towing and tow stability assist right now.:biggrin:

Anyone know if the little trailer icon is on the LR4 like it was on the LR3?

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts! I called AB, contacted Britpart and everyone is telling me the unit is not available yet for the LR4 but here you are posting it. Good for you, but GAP is ******* me off. Either they need to release the damn product already or stop ******* over customers who have been waiting since January.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are both beta testers and the final version is not yet released as far as I know. Beta testers were just offered to upgrade to the bluetooth version this week.

I asked them to work on the activation for Tow Stability Assist and Tow Vision Assist. Another nice feature wouldn't you agree.

No reason to get ******, they want to release a fully functional tool. If your ok with things not working right now become a beta tester if they still have spots open.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts!

Dude, calm down, you'll pop a vein in your forehead! I think we made it abundantly clear we are beta testers for Gap, but regardless I am pretty sure Britpart should have the product available for the general public any day now (although their US distributors may take a bit longer to get stock.) Gap's own web site says the product for MY2010+ RRS and Disco/LR4 has now been released. Some features (CCF and live data especially) are still limited and will surely be expanded in future software updates, but the current software version is rock solid, as well as Bluetooth - on Apple devices fitted with Bluetooth 4.0. Gap is doing it right, releasing a bug free product that will be worth the wait.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4