Iidtool suspension presets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a faq on on how to adjust and save the presets as well as save the stock settings? How do i test if it will fault if i increased the standard height by too much? Is there a test routine?

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It calculates the thresholds for your specific vehicle and as you are increasing or decreasing the height it will just stop when you reach the max. Mine maxed at 32mm in the front and 37 in the rear I believe, haven't ventured down to my lower thresholds. I also haven't messed with saving presets yet but there is an easy way to revert back to the height you were sitting at pre tool which I have done. I believe the steps are in the manual, if you don't see it there I will find the email and post the instructions for you.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tool will save your presets when you use for the first time. Otherwise you can follow the steps to do a current setup back up. It will save everything including the suspension current settings.these are the steps to follow. I highly recommend not using the Bluetooth and leaving your phone/ iPad and sticking with the steering wheel or radio controls.

‘’Connect the IIDTool, Enter the Main Menu, Hold Plus button of the cruise control for 35-40sec and release it. You will see a confirmation message if the operation was successful.’’

Last edited:

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tool will save your presets when you use for the first time. Otherwise you can follow the steps to do a current setup back up. It will save everything including the suspension current settings.these are the steps to follow. I highly recommend not using the Bluetooth and leaving your phone/ iPad and sticking with the steering wheel or radio controls.

‘’Connect the IIDTool, Enter the Main Menu, Hold Plus button of the cruise control for 35-40sec and release it. You will see a confirmation message if the operation was successful.’’

You recommend no BT just for these steps, or in general?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to do the backup. The rest of the time using the app is great.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k gotcha. Yeah I just recently replaced my regular version for the BT. I have no issues doing height adjustments but I tried to make changes to my CCF and it kept failing to upload the changes. Patrick with GAP Diagnostic thinks it is a connection issue due to bent or corroded pins. The other tool had no issue though and upon inspection the pins look fine. I'll give it another go using the dash controls. I am a little nervous when writing to the CCF, a few weeks ago I made a change with my old tool and there was a glitch while writing and I was immobilized all day. Finally got back up with Patrick's help after many failed attempts to reprogram the firmware. He is great, really takes care of his customers.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Patrick's service. I bricked my IID Tool during a firmware update once and he wrote a script just to get mine back into service. It took a couple script tweaks and email conversations, but all was remedied quite quickly!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met Patrick in person. He's acreally nice person. Got my IIDTool directly from the source on one if my trips to Quebec.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635