Installed ARB Front Bumper (More To Come...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome. Congrats on a great job.

Kevin

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh!

Pedram from the NCLR and I tackled it and got it done in about 11 hours nonstop. We did take a bit more time and effort with the electrical, so that was an extra 3 hours. So, I think it was on target with the 6-8 hours I heard it takes overall.

I'll let you know when I am heading to Hollister again, but likely not before July. I am so booked up in May and June.

David,

Great writeup. The time frame it took to complete sounds reasonable, since it's not something you do everyday. It really does look good, can't wait to see it in person.

Keep me posted when you head down to Hollister next. I have family coming in town in May and June so July sounds good. If you end up going sooner let me know.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely off-topic, what roof rack are you using?
I have the Urban Offroad full-sized roof rack. I live about 3 hours from Derek's workshop (the owner of Urban Offroad) and his racks fit both LR4s with half-length and full-length roof rails. Since I have the black-design package, mine came with full-length roof rails.

I had a Voyager Offroad rack on my 2011 and liked it a lot, but I can say the Urban Offroad rack is a bit stronger/more rugged. A lot of guys like it because you don't need roof rails to install.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the bumper... Looks great! It's amazing how much of a commitment these are nowadays. Back in the "old days" :proud:, it was just a few bolts and you were done.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the bumper... Looks great! It's amazing how much of a commitment these are nowadays. Back in the "old days" :proud:, it was just a few bolts and you were done.
Thanks! This is definitely not just bolt on, it is certainly a long-term marriage. :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Great writeup. The time frame it took to complete sounds reasonable, since it's not something you do everyday. It really does look good, can't wait to see it in person.

Keep me posted when you head down to Hollister next. I have family coming in town in May and June so July sounds good. If you end up going sooner let me know.
Now that Pedram has done one, Don in the club may do it for his LR3. I can help out as well.

I was able to disable the front parking sensors (thanks IIDTool!!!) and now just working on tidying up the connections and zip tying everything nicely. I use liquid electrical tape where I tapped into the headlight harness, as well as wrapping in good electrical tape for a clean look.

I think the clamps we used (not the supplied Scotch clips) would be fine in anything, but I want it extra protected from the elements/water/mud.

The look is awesome, but not for everyone.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, I really want to do this. Can you PM me the info about the LED lights you used? How is the brightness on the fogs compared to stock? Do you reuse the same fog assembly in the bumper or how does that work?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, I really want to do this. Can you PM me the info about the LED lights you used? How is the brightness on the fogs compared to stock? Do you reuse the same fog assembly in the bumper or how does that work?
I'll send you a PM with my e-mail.... I can answer any questions you have.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a Few More Photos of Different Angles...

By request, I took a few more photos of various angles. Bear in mind I plan to still tidy up some of the wires in the bumper once I get my headlight washer valve (need to repair it). In addition, I plan to clip the trim a bit and do a better job bolting it to the two side plates.

Here are a few photos:

IMG_1789_zps83222994.jpg

IMG_1788_zps4f7f2166.jpg

IMG_1787_zps77d9ea6f.jpg

IMG_1779_zps999a3a45.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM